To the illiterate person, society and culture might seem similar things. Well, there is no doubt that these are connected, but hardly these are not the same thing. It is considered that society cannot exist without culture. Society is mainly defined as an organized group of folks who are connected o each other and lived together. Every society has a different culture, but we cannot categorize it in the same group.
On the other hand, culture is defined as a set of practices, behavior, beliefs, ethics, morals, and values that are transferred from one generation to another. Culture is a thing that differentiates each society from another. It has lots of interpretations via history, and these have unique meanings, even in the current modern society.
Key Points of Difference between Culture and Society
- Society is an inter-reliant group of people who are connected with each other in a particular region, whereas culture represents the beliefs, ethics, values, and behavior that are going between generations.
- Culture differentiates one society from another; on the other hand, society is a community of folks that are sharing general culture over time.
- Culture mainly unites social framework via influence, whereas society forms the social framework via pressure.
- The society provides a structure of ways to organize their community of people, whereas culture provides rules and works as a guide to teach people the way of living.
- Mainly the Economy, villages, and cities are examples of society; on the other hand, fashion, tastes, and preferences, lifestyle, and art is an example of culture.
Consequently, these are some of the key features that make society a unique concept from culture. Both of these have different roles in the lives of people. In every country, different forms of cultural traits are followed to treat people like in the US, and people shake hands to greet someone, Indians join their hands, Japanese bow their heads, and even so forth. This proves that how a culture of one society differs one from another. On the whole, it is truly said that Every Society has different cultures, and both of these are different concepts.
The bond between Culture and Society
It is greatly said that culture is a crucial part of every society. However, culture has a direct effect on society because of the unique reaction of people regarding changes and ideas. Society is like what we observe around outside, whereas culture is like what we observe around inside. Many of the individuals believe that culture is solely a way to manage human lives, but it contains social norms, standards, education, arts, religion, technology, and many more significant factors of human lives. Well, when we go for society, it is a group of folks that share a region, biological and cultural characteristics.
Therefore, it is said that society cannot exist without its own culture because culture is a source that makes it what it is. All in all, Both Society and Culture are so encompassing terms to explain in general words.